Cooperativa Produttori Latte e fontina was founded in 1957 with the aim of collecting, ageing and marketing the par excellence agricultural product of the Aosta Valley: fontina PDO. There were 46 founding members initially, which have today risen to 200 including private companies, cooperative cheese factories, dairies and pastures. The cheeses delivered by the members in 1958, the first year of operation, were less than 40,000, while today this number has increased to approximately 300,000.
The Cooperative has a turnover of approximately 20 million euro. Its most important market is located within the country and especially in Northern Italy, which represents about 80% of total turnover; followed by the centre (8%) and the south, which, with the islands, accounts for 2% of sales. The most important foreign markets, which together make up about 10% of sales volumes, are the United States, Germany, Switzerland, France, Belgium and Great Britain.
fontina PDO chain,
from the pastures of Aosta Valley to tables around the world.
ADVICE FOR ALL!
Per non restare mai senza la Fontina DOP provate ad usare Fetta Perfetta!!
Discover the true recipe of Aosta Valley's fondue!
To prepare the fondue, you need good fontina PDO, seasoned to perfection, milk and fresh eggs...